Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Minors under eighteen (18) years of age are prohibited from using the Platform or Site and Services. The Platform and Services are not intended for children under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years old, please do not provide personally identifiable information of any kind whatsoever on the Platform or Services. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
Types of Data We Collect
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. “Personal Information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
Information You Provide to Us
- We may collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, business name and industry sector, e-mail and mailing address, phone number and password when you complete a contact form on our Platform, or create or log-in to your Account.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information that you knowingly provide.
- When you post messages on the Services or on a social media page where we have a page or presence, the information contained in your posting may be republished on our Platform and other users may be able to see them.
Information Collected via Technology
In an effort to improve the quality of the Service, we track information provided to us by your browser or by our software application when you view or use the Service, such as the website you came from (known as the “referring URL”), the type of browser you use, the device from which you connected to the Service, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from our servers and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables us to collect Non-Personal information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing our services, both on an individual and aggregate basis.
Use of Your Personal Information
In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to identify you as a User in our system and assist with the creation of User profiles;
- to handle payments and facilitate the transactions (including Expert payouts) for services purchased on our Platform;
- to provide improved administration of our Services;
- to provide the Services you request;
- to improve the quality of experience when you interact with ourServices;
- to send you administrative e-mail, such as security or support and maintenance advisories, or emails relating to transactions between Users (including but not limited to purchases of any Marketplace Product or Service, payment confirmations, call scheduling confirmations, awarding of Projects, or communications between Users);
- to seek feedback onExperts;
- to suggest potential Experts for your Projector facilitate their involvement inServices;
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes including those of third parties; and
- to perform marketing or data analysis.
Use of Non-Personal Information
If our information practices change at any time in the future, we will post the policy changes to the Platform so that you may opt out of the new information practices. We suggest that you check the Platform periodically if you are concerned about how your information is used.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Platform; to conduct quality assurance testing; to perform marketing; to run data analysis in order to improve the Services; to facilitate creation of Accounts; to process payment transactions occurring on the Platform; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Users.
Links to Third Party Websites
Your Rights Regarding the Use of Your Personal Information
Access, Correction, Deletion
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Information that you may have provided through your use of the Services. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from our Service, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject as “Personal Information Query.”
At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
You may update, correct, or delete your Account information and preferences at any time by accessing your Account settings page on the Service. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Information, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law.
How Long We Retain Your Data
We will keep hold of your data for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain it will depend on any legal obligations we have (such as tax recording purposes), the nature of any contracts we have in place with you, the existence of your consent or our legitimate interests as a business.
Notice to California Residents. Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (1) a list of the categories of information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please write to us with a reference to California Disclosure Information at:
1155 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036